Monday 12 November 2012

Chin Chai is still the CTC chairman


Ng Chin Chai will stay on as the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) coaching and training committee (CTC) chairman, for now.

Yesterday, the BAM council decided that Chin Chai will hold the position until BAM’s president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh finds another suitable candidate.

Nadzmi appointed Chin Chai as the CTC head two years ago but his working style did not go down well with some in the BAM.

“I was the coaching and training committee chairman before I appointed Chin Chai to take over. My style is different. Chin Chai is straight forward and honest and he will go all out to push for a decision. This probably did not go well with others,” said Nadzmi.

“Today, however, the council decided that Chin Chai is still the best man for the job until I find someone else. Chin Chai has put the proper system in place. Right now, I do not have any other candidate for the job.

“I cannot take back that post because I am not there all the time. I have served 11 years in the association and the biggest challenge is to find the right man for the job.”

Under Chin Chai, questions have been raised on several of his decisions but he is also seen as the brains behind the improvement of the players in the world ranking by sending them for the correct number of tournaments.

Chin Chai said that he would carry on his duty until Nadzmi appoints someone.

“Some council members says that I have not performed while some say that I have not failed either. I said I was willing to resign. However, it was decided that I should stay on,” he said.

The CTC post is seen as the most important in the association as it sets the direction of Malaysian badminton.

The head of the committee is crucial as most of the decisions concerning players and coaches are done at the CTC level.

Courtesy of The Star

No comments:

Post a Comment